4.11.2008

rocking giraffe


rockinggiraffe, originally uploaded by tenpolaroids.

I saw this put out with the trash the other day and it was so cute I had to take a picture. And then I became slightly sad that it was put out with the trash....but I hope it got a lot of use and love. I find a lot of weird things put out on my street, as everyone does, but this is definitely in the top three, joining the ranks with the giant maps of Queens and the treasure trove of discarded record albums. They pre-date the blog, or there would have been pictures. Some of the record albums are in frames on my wall, reminding me of dream roles I want to play someday.

I vividly remember how much I loved my rocking horse and what it meant to me- it's still in my parents' house being loved by my two-and-a-half year old cousin. I hope it's one of those things that continues to be passed down in my family.

1 comment:

Orange County Guy said...

Did you think about taking the rocking giraffe home with you? Thought it might make a good substitute for your rocking horse.