5.23.2008

self-portrait


selfportrait, originally uploaded by tenpolaroids.

The last Austin picture, taken in the trailer before I made my feature film debut. I also thought it would be a better picture than the last self-portrait, which was something like my second or third post on this blog.


Now, while you're all looking at half of my ridiculous face, I'm going to talk about some pretty awesome personal news....I'm participating in Broadway Bares again this year.
For those who aren't familiar, Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids is an amazing charity that has been supporting research, community outreach, and so much more for those currently living with the HIV/AIDS pandemic. They put on a few huge events every year to culminate and celebrate the progress for fundraising periods, and Broadway Bares is the summer's big event, a huge burlesque show featuring 200+ amazing dancers in very little clothing rocking it out on the Roseland stage.

There's a personal fundraising component to the show as well, and I'm trying to raise as much money as i can- I'm currently the top woman, and need your help to stay there!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE click here to go to my personal fundraising page and click on the "Support Nikka" button below my picture- donate anything you can- every tiny amount brings me closer to my goal, is tax deductible, and will make you feel awesome knowing you've helped someone in need.

This organization is so important to me...please support me and this incredible community that does so much to take care of its own. Your support means so much to so many who are suffering all over, especially in this economic climate.

I'll be performing in Broadway Bares again as well- in the "Chess" number...so if you're in NYC, come check it out.

thanks so much for your support and help!

4 comments:

margot said...

mazel on broadway bares! i just donated! and cool pic!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in the fight against AIDS, without people like you we would only have AZT. Now HIV+ have many treatment options in this part of the World.

For other HIV positive people (like me) looking to talk to other POZ, visit
www.AIDSchat.org for live HIV chat rooms.

Anonymous said...

I cant tell by one eye that they gave you fierce glitzi make-up...work.

Anonymous said...

I don't think you have a ridiculous face at all. I think you look smashing (he said in his best faux-British accent). If I didn't, would I have written a part for you in my last script? I think not.